Friday 15 March 2013

Playing Out Part 1: Scent story number seven



The story

My plan is for there to be a Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4 as well as the original. I was going to put them all together and make a scent to evoke long summer days on a Durham estate of semi-detached houses where we and our friends would play out until tea time then go back out until the sun went down and our parents came out to fetch us.

Part 1 was a scent that I really wanted to make. I was planning to wait until I’d got Parts 2, 3 and 4 finished and work with them together, but once it was done I decided to leave it just the way it is. This is the second least complex scent that I’ve ever made.
I went shopping at www.aquarterof.co.uk to make sure that I’d got it right.

It’s the scent of Mintoes.

Because, our butcher used to come round in a blue Morris van, and while he was serving our mums with their steak and kidney or half a pound of mince, he’d give all the kids a Minto each. So basically it’s spearmint and vanilla toffee. I’ll be adding it to the scent of muddy knees, daisy chains and jam tarts, probably.

The materials
Uncomplicated: mints and sweet vanilla caramel toffee scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment